This article is intended for administrators.
Elevo allows you to create custom additional fields in employee profiles, so that you can match your organization's reality as closely as possible.
Here are a few use cases:
- Add a field with the employee's status: permanent, fixed-term, work-study, apprentice,
- Add demographic fields such as gender or age,
- Add miscellaneous fields such as number of remote days,
- Assign different templates within a review cycle.
🎨 What is a custom field?
A custom field is an additional field in text-only format that is created at your request to meet a particular use case (see those listed above).
Once created, it is displayed on all employee profiles and can only be modified by administrators, as with other profile fields.
💡 Please note that this custom field appears in the filters available in the user directory, when adding participants to campaigns or in our Training product. However, it cannot be used for auto-add campaigns.
⚠️ Warning: Custom fields cannot be synchronized with Payfit, as there are no additional fields for them to synchronize.
➕ How do I create a custom field?
📥 How do I import data into this field?
This can be done :
- manually, by filling in the field on Elevo directly in an employee's profile,
- via a manual bulk import, by adding a column to the usual user import file available on the dedicated article (we'll tell you what it's named),
- through synchronization. If your space has an integration (SFTP or API), this field can in fact be synchronized so as to be updated automatically.
- API ➡️ You'll need to specify the source field label in your API.
- SFTP ➡️ You'll need to add a column to the SFTP file named with the label we'll send you once the additional field has been created.
💡 Please note that if you have several custom fields, you can choose to synchronize only some of them.
This field will therefore also appear in exports made from Elevo:
- user database export,
- campaign export,
- People Review export,
- export of training requests.
💡 Please note that the content of this field is available in one language only. Translation is not supported.