This article is intended for Administrators.
- 🖼️ What is the import file format?
- 📥 How do I import employees into a draft campaign?
- 📩 How do I import employees into an ongoing campaign?
- ❌ Why is an employee incompatible?
- 🙋🏻♂️ Questions
To meet a wider range of use cases, it is now possible to import a csv file of the campaign participants either during its setup or once it has been launched.
🖼️ What is the import file format?
The file must:
- be in csv format,
- include an "email" column. If you use a username/userID on Elevo, then this column must also be added to the file.
You therefore have two options:
- Use the User database file available for export from the Users tab on Elevo,
- Use the following template, available in several formats:
📥 How do I import employees into a draft campaign?
This import is executed in step 2 "Participants" of the campaign settings:
- by clicking on the "Import" button during the manual selection of participants,
- and then selecting the appropriate file in csv format.
A summary message will appear indicating how many participants have been added to the campaign and, if the case applies, how many employees could not be added because of an incompatible factor.
To find out more about incompatible employees, please refer to ❌ Why is an employee incompatible?
📩 How do I import employees into an ongoing campaign?
Importing participants during an ongoing campaign is possible via the campaign management screen.
Go to Campaigns > relevant campaign, then click on "Add" under the number of participants. The import will be performed via the displayed window, and always with the same file template (🖼️ What is the import file format?).
❌ Why is an employee incompatible?
The error message will appear next to the corresponding participant. Several reasons can cause an employee's incompatibility:
- "No manager set" ➡️ The direct manager is responsible of the review in this cycle, and the employee does not have an identified direct manager on Elevo,
- "Already in the cycle" ➡️ The campaign is active and the employee has already been included,
- "Already in a previous campaign set with objectives" ➡️ The campaign contains a section for defining or assessing objectives, and the employee is already part of a more recent campaign which also includes one of the "Objectives" sections. This creates an incompatibility that prevents the employee from being added.
➡️ Why are certain employees unavailable?
This happens when the employee's e-mail is missing from the database (typing error, several e-mails are listed, the employee has not yet been registered on Elevo or is suspended, etc.).