This article is intended for administrators.
- 💻 Enable synchronization
- 🙅🏼 Do not synchronize some employees
- 🎤 Create a BambooHR integration API key
Elevo can connect directly to BambooHR and synchronize users automatically.
💻 Enable synchronization
💡 Please note that we advise you to create an integration key (BambooHR help article + below section "🎤 Create a BambooHR integration API key")
- a BambooHR API Key. To generate this key please follow the instructions on the BambooHR support page.
- your BambooHR sub-domain, this is the URL to connect to your BambooHR account (e.g., https://elevo.bamboohr.com/)
💡 Please note that it is possible to create custom additional text fields in the employee profiles and synchronize them with other fields available on BambooHR. Contact Customer Success or Support (email@example.com) to find out more.
🙅🏼 Do not synchronize some employees
If you wish to exclude certain employees from synchronization with Elevo, here are the steps to follow
Step 1️⃣: Create a dedicated information field
I would like to add a checkbox in the employee profile to control if I want to sync them with our performance review tool Elevo.
- Storage Type: Field
- Type of Field: Checkbox
- Name of the Field: "Do not synchronize with Elevo"
- API name for the Field: skip_elevo_sync
- Desired storage location for the Field: Personal"
Step 2️⃣: Change the profile of the employees to be excluded from the sync.
In the profile of each employee to exclude from the sync, check the box on the field you added: "Do not synchronize with Elevo".
Step 3️⃣: Inform Elevo support.
Inform firstname.lastname@example.org that you do not wish to synchronize all users on Elevo. If you chose a different Code than skip_elevo_sync in step 1, you must inform us.
🎤 Create a BambooHR integration API key
Step 1️⃣: Create a restricted access level.
1. Go to your company settings
2. Click on "Access level" then "Custom access level".
3. Name this access level "Users directory read-only".
4. Do not select anything on the next step "What Can People with this Access Level Do?" and click on "Next step".
5. On step 3 "What people with this level can see" activate "See only" for the fields to be synchronized with Elevo, with at least:
- Basic info: "# Employee", "Status", "First name", "Middle name", "Last name", and "Preferred name
- Contact: "Email at Work".
- Job: "Date of hire", "Date of initial hire", "Job title", "Department", "Division", "Location", "Relates to" and "Direct reports"
6. Click Save and Finish.
Step 2️⃣: Creating a non-employee user
1. On the previous screen select the new Access Level created in the "Levels" column.
Then "Add a non-employee user to Bamboo HR" in the gear menu on the top right
2. You can call this employee "Elevo Integration",
Make sure you have access to the email you are using as you will need to log in with that profile to create the API Key.
3. You can now log in with this new user and create the API Key.