This article is intended for administrators.
- 1️⃣ Give a name to your template
- 2️⃣ Enable or disable the options in the box on the right
- 3️⃣ Describe the objectives of your review cycle
- 4️⃣ Create your template
- 5️⃣ Preview your template
- 6️⃣ Share your template
To make it easier for you to implement campaigns, there are template frames directly integrated with Elevo.
However, if you want to create and customize your templates, you can do so by going to Reviews > Templates.
You then have two options:
- Start from a blank page: click on the +Add a template button,
- Starting from an existing template: click on the 3 dots to the right of the desired template and then on Create a copy.
Let's take the case where you start from a blank page, here are the different steps to create your template:
1️⃣ Give a name to your template
The template name definition is on the right side of your screen, at the top of the options.
For example Annual review 2021, Trial period validation review, etc.
2️⃣ Enable or disable the options in the box on the right
- 💡 Current objectives
- 💡 Upcoming objectives
- 💡 History of training requests
- 💡 Skills evaluation
- 💡 Signature
- 💡 Self-evaluation
💡 Current objectives
Use this option if you want to include the objectives of the current period in your review. The current objectives can then be evaluated. You can move this block anywhere in your template with the arrows.
This option is used, for example, in the case of an annual meeting, in which the achievement of objectives is discussed, before moving on to more traditional issues.
💡 Upcoming objectives
⚠️ Please note that for reasons of consistency in terms of objective periods, it is not possible to use templates with the "Upcoming objectives" block activated in a campaign with automatic addition.
Use this option if you want to set new objectives for the upcoming period. The block will appear at the bottom of your template, but you can also move it wherever you want via the arrows.
💡 Note: when finalizing the review, this option will archive the current objectives, and the newly defined objectives will become the current objectives.
This option is used, for example, in the case of a review in which you want to set the objectives for the following year.
💡 History of training requests
This option is visible only if the "Training" product is activated on your space.
By activating this option, training requests made for an employee will be displayed in the review.
See this article for more information.
💡 Skills evaluation
This option is only visible if you have the "Skills & Career" product activated on your space.
By activating this option, you will be able to evaluate employees on the basis of the matrix associated with them. To find out more, visit the Skills section of our Help Center.
Please note that if you wish to change the default skills rating scale, you need to contact our Support (email@example.com).
Requires the reviewee and the reviewer to sign upon completion of the review. When the review is signed by at least one of the parties, it is then locked and cannot be changed unless an Admin removes the signature.
You can rename the Signature block and add a description if needed.
If self-evaluation is disabled, only the manager receives an invitation to complete the review. The employee will be able to view the review once the manager has finalized and shared it.
⚠️ Warning : If self-assessment is disabled, the employee will not have the option to sign the review (if the Signature option is enabled).
3️⃣ Describe the objectives of your review cycle
Describe, if you wish, the objectives of your review cycle in the Header message box.
4️⃣ Create your template
Now you are ready to create your template. To do so, click on Add a block, then choose Title or Question.
For example, in the example below :
- Title = Review and Action Plan,
- Dropdown list question = Do you feel your work is valued?
In both cases, you can add a description.
You can then define who can answer and comment the question.
- The rating allows you to leave a choice of answers, which you must define by filling in the field Add an option,
- The comment allows you to leave a writing window,
- The mandatory box allows you to make the answer to a question mandatory. If both the rating system and the comment field are activated, the appraiser/reviewer will have to answer both types of answers for the answer to be considered valid,
- You can duplicate a block by clicking on the icon in the red box, which is useful for duplicating the parameters of a question (in the case, for example, of assessing several skills with an identical rating scale).
You can use different types of questions.
5️⃣ Preview your template
You can preview the template you are creating at any time by clicking on Template preview.
6️⃣ Share your template
You can share a template to any Elevo user by clicking "Share" at the top right of the set-up page.
You will then need to select the user(s) concerned before clicking on “Share”. You cannot select an admin since they already have access to the templates.
💡 Please note that entity admins can only share templates to users they have access to.
They will receive the template in the form of an email notification with an access link and will be able to consult it in read-only mode (without the possibility of making changes) in preview form with the reviewer or reviewee view.
⚠️ Warning: This link must absolutely be kept because it is the only way for the user to access the template. If this link is lost, access to the template will need to be removed for the user and then given back to them (see below).
From the sharing modal, you can see which users have access to the template and revoke their access by clicking on the trash icon.
➡️ If the objectives only involve sales people, how do we do it?
Our clients faced with this organization have several ways to operate:
- Launch a campaign with no goals for all employees, then launch a goal assessment + goal setting campaign for salespeople only,
- Launch a campaign without objectives for all employees except sales people, and launch a specific campaign for sales people by integrating the evaluation and the setting of objectives. You cannot combine different models with different options in the same campaign, hence the need to launch several campaigns.
Here is the method for creating and evaluating goals and the method for activating goal setting in a 1:1 review template.