This article is intended for administrators.
As an administrator, you can access and change the objectives of your employees at any time.
To do this, go to People > Directory > User X > Objectives of the employee concerned.
You will be able to modify current goals, or create new ones:
💡 Note: When a 1:1 review cycle is active to evaluate the current goals, then you will find the same objectives in the review cycle and the Objectives tab. By modifying the objectives in the active review cycle, they will be modified in the same way in the Objectives tab.
You can also import one or more goals from one employee to another.
➡️ To edit goals, do I need to go through the goal tab or through the review?
There are two ways to create and evaluate goals:
- Either via a 1:1 campaign: for this, you need to activate the "Current objectives" and/or "Future objectives" options upstream in the template. This is a more "formal" process, which allows you to :
- to keep a dated history of the creation and completion of objectives,
- to archive the completed objectives of previous periods,
- to generate a new period of objectives to come,
- to sign the objectives defined and/or evaluated.
- Or via the Objectives tab. This is a more "informal" process, allowing you to quickly adjust the objectives throughout the year according to your needs. It is thus possible to :
- update the completion rate, the weighting,
- add, modify or delete objectives.
➡️ What is a period?
A period allows you to create/fix goals over a given period of time, which can then be evaluated during an review and then archived by given periods.
➡️ How to launch a period? What will be displayed the first time?
To create a new goal period for a collaborator, simply include them in a campaign that has the Upcoming objectives option enabled. Click here for more information.
The first time a collaborator logs into an Elevo review, they may find themselves in different situations:
- They will have a block accessible in real time by their manager, where they can enter their current goals and then enter a percentage of achievement,
- They will have a block accessible in real time by their manager, where their current objectives have already been integrated.
➡️ Who can create and edit goals? Who can indicate the completion rate? Can this be done at any time or just during the review?
During a first goal evaluation campaign, when the platform is deployed: all employees and their managers will have the possibility to fill in and modify their current goals and evaluate them. As long as the review is not shared by the employee and the evaluator, the objectives can be modified either in the review or via the Objectives tab (for the employee) or My team (for the manager).
When the review is shared, the objectives can be modified afterwards, outside a campaign. The employee will be able to modify them via his or her Objectives tab > current period, and the manager via the My Team tab > employee profile. The next review cycle to evaluate the collaborator's current objectives will take into account the possible modifications of the objectives made after the sharing of the previous review: the modified objectives are the ones that will come back in the review to be evaluated.
Admins have the possibility to restrict the setting and evaluation of goals to evaluators only, by setting the template in the goal setting block. Employees will be able to view the goals set by their appraiser, but will not be able to add, change or enter a percentage of achievement at any time.
➡️ Can we create qualitative objectives in Elevo?
It is completely possible to fill in qualitative objectives for an employee in Elevo.
There are no specific constraints or instructions on the Elevo side for filling in an objective. For example, you can put something unquantified in the title or description of a target.
However, the evaluation of the objective will remain identical to the evaluation of a quantitative objective, by entering a percentage of achievement.
➡️ How do you keep track of the completion rate? Is there a history of changes? Is the manager notified?
Goals are a living, shared space between a collaborator and his or her evaluator.
If the employee enters a percentage of completion and the evaluator comes to change it, Elevo will keep the last change, and no history is generated. The manager is not notified if the employee makes changes to his or her objectives.
To keep track of the completion rate, some of our clients will ask the employee to enter the percentage of completion of each of their goals in the dedicated comment area.
If a review has been shared by the employee and the evaluator, Elevo will take a screenshot of the content of the review (comments and objectives). If the employee subsequently modifies his or her objectives, the manager will not be notified, but will be able to consult the initial version of the objectives shared in the review (via the My Team tab).
We still recommend that the setting and evaluation of objectives be done in a collaborative manner between the employee and his/her reviewer during the physical/visual exchange.
➡️ What are the colored flags to the left of the objective title for?
These flags allow you to color-code the objectives according to, for example, the category they belong to. They are optional.
Example for a manager:
- In red: Objectives related to my management and my communication with my team,
- In green: Objectives related to KPIs,
- In yellow: Objectives related to my skills.