This article is intended for administrators.
💡 Setting up an Evaluation Review is a way for your employees and their manager to evaluate the past period and prepare the one to come.
🎯 For what purpose?
- Formalize the review by keeping a written record
- Encourage reflection on the work accomplished / to come / blockages, and the exchange between the employee and his manager
- Analyze the evolution of an employee from one period to another thanks to past reviews
⚙️ Options in Elevo
- Enable electronic signature at the end of the review (optional)
- Activate current objectives to evaluate them (optional)
- Activate the objectives for the new period to define them (optional)
- Decide who is in a position to set the objectives: the reviewer only or the reviewee and the reviewer.
🪄 Setting up
- Create your 1:1 review template
- Launch your 1:1 review cycle
- select your participants (all employees? only one team?)
- Select the person responsible for the appraisals (this is usually the manager)
- select the template: the same template for all? a different template depending on the team/department?
👀 To go further
Do not hesitate to consult our articles on the subject:
- Create a 1:1 review template
- Launch a 1:1 review cycle
- Track, modify and analyze a 1:1 review cycle
- Create and evaluate an objective
- Activate and use weighting
If an employee has recently arrived, we advise you to include them in your review cycle. This will allow them to make an initial assessment with their manager and to set objectives for them (the current objectives section can remain blank).
Examples of questions to ask:
- List your main achievements over the past period
- What difficulties did you encounter?
- What were the highlights of the year for you (what concerns you directly, or more broadly the company)
- Do you feel your work is valued?
- Do you have the tools you need to be effective in your work?
- How do you evaluate your workload?
- What would you recommend your manager change about the way he/she manages you?
- Do you have any training requests?